Home arrow CARE Forum
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
CARE Forum (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: CARE Forum
Rosenfield (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
CARE Forum 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
In September please respond to the TSC request of archived materials by agency on the CARE website.

Is your agency willing to participate?
Do you want a contact person?

TSC would like the CARE site to include species, structure, and amount. Where do you think this information should be on the website?

Thank you for your input. Sandy

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Shayne (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:CARE Forum 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
Hi everyone!

I have checked with the groundfish folks at CDFO and they have no problem with posting numbers of samples collected and aged to the CARE website. We can download the information into Excel to provide the website committee for posting.

I think that we should consider/investigate making use of the Species Aged tables as it already exists. We must, of course consult with Jon/Nikki regarding their recommendations to add/change the table for the information that TSC is requesting and that CARE members agree to include.

I suggest that if we go ahead with the TSC additions we add a paragraph that includes some basic criteria CARE members can agree on for sharing samples that requestors will have to consider before contacting members. This would hopefully help to screen out less serious requests up front and inform the requestors that the agency will determine approval for sharing. Each agency would be free to develop additional/more stringent criteria if contacted through the CARE website.

At the CARE meeting I put a copy of the national CDFO physical samples policy, which included a section with criteria recommended to approve sharing of archival collection samples, on the shared drive. If you didn’t download it I can send you a copy by email. If you are just starting to think about an approval process it provides a model that could be helpful. It was developed by a large number of CDFO staff Canada wide.

I don’t mind if my name goes on the CARE website as a contact. It could lead to some interesting collaborations in the future.

Cheers, Shayne

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply