Home arrow CARE Forum
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:QAQC charts and Bias calculations (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:QAQC charts and Bias calculations
Nikki (Admin)
NWFSC-PSMFC
Admin
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
QAQC charts and Bias calculations 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
So i have a trio of excel spreadsheets that i've created and/or modified heavily to assist in QAQC and figuring bias. They tend to be insanely huge things with a gazillion calculations, but if anyone else can find them useful i'd love for them to be available. With all of them, if you need to move input data around, it's best to copy and paste instead of cutting or deleting - those two actions tend to break or muck with the calculations

AgeBias macro 4.1
(NOTE: This file has been updated and the link replaced with the new version. Info on the new version can be found in the following replies to this post)
This is a workbook that spits out a suite of stats including APE, CV, % agreement within 1/2 years, etc. These are broken down both by the sample as a whole and by year class. There are a few graphical output charts too.

AgeBias Macro Multi 1.2
(NOTE: This file has been updated and the link replaced with the new version. Info on the new version can be found in the following replies to this post)
The same as above except set up to show a tidy stack of statistics between up to 6 different people/labs. If you need more than 6 sets of ages contact me and i can expand the calculations to include more slots for ages.

Nikki's QAQC charts
This is the monster. This workbook is set up to show a whole whack of visual charts including age vs. length and age vs. weight, both combined and broken down between males and females. The graphs are set up to label each point with a "cell" number for easy identification of outliers. It's a bit convoluted in places because it's grown organically over quite a few years, so if you have any issues or questions please contact me and i can walk you through it.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2013/08/13 10:07 By Nikki.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Nikki (Admin)
NWFSC-PSMFC
Admin
graph
Re:QAQC charts and Bias calculations 4 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
Oh, a quick note - these charts have a HUGE number of calculations. If you type in each data point and hit "enter" the sheet will make all those calculations each time, and each calculation can take 10-15 seconds (longer on an older machine. Trust me, i know.)

The way i've gotten around this headache is to go to File>Options>Formulas and click the "Manual" button under "calculation options". Now, when i paste in chunks of data or type in individual ages, it doesn't chug through all the calculations until i either save or hit F9. Then it takes about 10-15 seconds for it to make all the calculations combined and update all the cells and graphs.

Nikki (Admin)
NWFSC-PSMFC
Admin
graph
Re:QAQC charts and Bias calculations 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0  
I've updated the AgeBias Macros!

V.4.0 can now handle up to 9,991 samples. If you're doing an individual double read of that size i can understand the wailing and gnashing of teeth. But it'll be useful if you're comparing multiple years' worth of double reads to get a general average.
AgeBias Macro 4.0

The Multi DR sheet is pretty much the same, just with a little note as to how many samples it can handle (2,000). If anyone needs more than that, let me know and i'll be happy to update it (not doing it on a whim because of the massive number of sheets that need editing).
AgeBias Macro Multi 1.1

EDIT: Updated again! See reply below for new links.

Last Edit: 2013/08/13 09:52 By Nikki.
Nikki (Admin)
NWFSC-PSMFC
Admin
graph
Re:QAQC charts and Bias calculations 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0  
Aaaaand another round of updates for the AgeBias sheets. Both sheets have been edited to fix a "drift" problem in the age histogram charts. All better now!

AgeBias macro 4.1

AgeBias Macro Multi 1.2

Last Edit: 2013/08/13 10:07 By Nikki.
Go to top Post Reply